Drupal is an extremely flexible system. To achieve this, various layers of abstractions were built into it. A lot of concepts were created to explain these abstractions. Unfortunately, they are not always intuitive. This session aims to explain the basic building blocks for assembling a Drupal site and how they relate to each other. Many examples will be presented to help you understand Drupal and why it is so powerful.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
By the end of the session, attendees will understand:
* What is a node?
* What is a content type?
* What are fields and why are they useful?
* What is a block and what can I do with it?
* What is a view?
* How are users and permissions managed?
* What is a module and its purpose?
* What is a theme and how can it change the look and feel of my website?