It's been over 1 year since the GDPR went into effect in Europe, a landmark law that promised to protect and change the way our personal data gets used online. But did it have any effect? Especially for those of us in the US, it may seem like business as usual. Or worse, is privacy dead?
Let's revisit the battle over online privacy, and see what's happening. While some people are fighting hard to enforce new rules, others are calling it a lost cause, or fail to see the point.
* Learn what's happened in the year since GDPR became law in Europe
* Wat site owners, editors and developers can be doing to improve your site's privacy experience (PX)
* What's on the horizon for digital privacy in the USA. (Spoiler alert -- it's called CCPA and it goes into effect on Jan. 1st, 2020!)
Who is this talk for?
* Anyone interested in learning best practices for managing online privacy
* Clients with European customers (temporary or permanent)
* Clients with California residents
* Users of websites that collect personal information, including contact forms
* Users of Google Analytics
* Web developers, designers, marketers, site owners, editors
Speaker: Dan Moriarty