For more than 10 years, Aegir has been hosting Drupal using Drupal.
For 4.x, we have rewritten it from scratch: converting from Drush commands to a powerful standalone Symfony-based CLI, leveraging Robo, DrupalConsole, and taking inspiration from projects such as Drush 9, Composer, Terminus, Acquia BLT, and the PlatformSH CLI.
Come see how Provision 4.x can be used for everything from production to local development environments.
- Quickly launch Drupal and other websites from source code.
- Agnostic and pluggable service. Any web server support (Apache, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, php -s), any database server (MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite). Allow contributed services.
- Run Anywhere. PHP-CLI works on Mac, Linux, Local, Metal, or Cloud. (Windows support should be possible, especially since you can run ubuntu bash).
- Makes a great development environment and tool for automated testing and CI.
- Targeted to less technical users.
See https://github.com/provision4/provision and https://docs.provision4.org/ for more info.