High demands, high anxiety clients are a reality of agency life. Their stresses, deadlines, and sometimes lack of understanding of the technology can create tension and take a project (or the client relationship) off track. Together we'll discuss common challenges and the strategies that satisfy the clients need while insulating your team; allowing them to be more effective. These strategies will include how to:
- Herding Cats: wrangle in out of control expectations
- Stop the Hissing: promote positive, team-focused communication styles
- Playing Well Together: encouraging multi-player team involvement without sidetracking the dev team
- Detaching the Claws from the Ceiling: being a calming voice while holding your ground and mitigating scope creep
- Grooming: performing a retrospective at important milestones that produce actionable improvements moving forward
Walk away with people-focused tactics that will help you improve your relationships with both the client and inside of your team.