The core Workflow Initiative was announced over 5 years ago and it’s been quite a journey. Unlike most core initiatives that are initiated and run entirely by the community, the Workflow Initiative had corporate backing from the start.
In this session we will review how it’s been to run an initiative for such a long time and cover many of the lessons learnt along the way.
Business owners attending the session will learn:
- Why Pfizer Inc. decided to run the initiative in the open
- What other organisations should learn from it
- How to govern internal and external expectations and roadmaps
From a community perspective, we will also explore:
- Cultural challenges with corporate sponsorship
- How we as a community can encourage more corporations to sponsor core development