Kelly Albrecht (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyalbrecht/)
Every organism, to every organization, will be affected by a disruption to its existence some how, in some way. Disruption is a fact of life. How can we be prepared to survive and thrive in the face of it? Will we have sufficient awareness of a coming disruption? Will we be able to deliberate effectively and, if so, decide and act in time to survive? Further, just surviving is not enough. We also need to be able to be the disrupters.
In this session, we'll take a step back to first explore how nature itself survives and thrives in disruption. We'll explore this in light of important discoveries made in physics over the latter half of the 20th century which are seen as the new explanation of how nature works. Using this as our foundation, essentially learning from nature about how surviving and thriving in disruption works, we'll extract the key mechanisms and show how to implement them in our organizations.
Finally, we explore what this all might mean for us, as individuals on teams large and small. Disruption is coming for us too. All the same questions apply, but how might we answer them as a community?
At the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Apply an understanding of Self-organized criticality to foster innovation
- Apply an understanding of Beyond Budgeting, Sociocracy, Liberating Structures, and agility to implement next steps to start transforming their organization to better survive and thrive
- Take new actions in our community to further its thriving, and improve its resiliency
This session is for:
- Team members
Attendees will get the most out of this session by being familiar with:
- Agile methodology in general
- Agile frameworks like Scrum
- General business management techniques and challenges